Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pre-Autumn Ramblings


Well, Labor day has come and gone. White pumps and summer whites are packed away- Wait this is friggin' Southern California! It's hot, they're still wearable until the weather changes- Please, Dear Creator, make it change! We had about three days of "cooler" weather, only in the nineties- (ah, but the evenings were delicious!).today it's back to the Humid Hundreds.
Tuesday night I saw a shooting star. I haven't seen one in ages, but then again I haven't looked. I made my wish and hope it will come true. can't tell - yet.
I am trying to stay cool in light of the political upheaval. Kids staying in school and health reform. Gee, such nasty ideas. I can see why the "repubics" have to rant and rave. What is this country coming to? Next we might bring our soldiers home. Bad - Bad.
(please tell me you realize I am being facetious!)
This late in the summer (it is still summer) my first tomatoes are doing well. I didn't get the itsy bitsy plant starters until mid-July. I have two whole cucumbers! Next year- WATCH OUT farmer's market!
I finally found my camera so perhaps in the wee morning hours I shall take a few snaps. The weeds are doing well- Advice to those who move in summer- don't bother trying to clean a crabgrass infested yard until is is cooler!
I have been reading blogs daily but do not always reply because of time restraints. Beth, Ken, DB, Miss G, Sheria, and dear Miss A- LOVE YOU and thanks for some great links to others. There are more but you all are like family to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- it makes me feel important