Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekly Calendar

Pickles
July is National Pickle Month Pickles



July 27: National Take Your Plants for a Walk Day
(got up extra early to do this!)


July 28: Beatrix Potter was born on this day in 1866.
(Peter Rabbit should be so proud)


July 29: National Lasagna Day. Also, St. Martha's Day. She is the patron saint of housewives. It's said that she once took time out of her sweeping to put out a dragon's fire with holy water. (Warning: do not try this at home.)
(Sounds like more fun that sweeping)


August 1: Today is the ancient Celtic festival of Lugnasadh (pronounced loo-na-sa), anglicized as "Lammas."

(prefer my Lammas with one m-Lorenzo Lamas)

lol



3 comments:

  1. I'd like some ice cream with those pickles, please : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok for someone sitting here with a major migraine (I'm sitting here instead of in bed because I'm waiting to call in to work) the mere IDEA of ice cream & pickles just made my stomach roll over...ughhhh lol.
    I can't believe Lammas is almost here already!
    I hope you have a great day :) Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take the lasagna. Let Martha have the dragon, I don't want to be greedy.

    DB

    ReplyDelete

Please comment- it makes me feel important