Sunday, August 23, 2009

And on a Lighter Note...


Since Moving Into this New (older) House....


Weeding has been a MAJOR job- still in the works...daily upkeep plus new areas of concern!!!


In the first weeks there was a bank of miniature bamboo and roses that needed work. I weeded and edged etc. etc.

Something growing caught my eye. I thought it looked familiar (because I read herb books) First of all it looked like a weed (it is) I plucked, but never could remove it all, because I wasn't certain.... I thought Mexican Epazote?

The second stand was DEFINITELY GRASS WEEDS but my grand-daughter Arielle and SIL, Bob, thought it looked cool! So I let it grow.

Yesterday, my daughter and I were sitting outside- I was laughing about the GRASS WEEDS- I said "if it were lemongrass I would be so happy!" I continued to say tomorrow I weed that area again.

THIS MORNING.... Ha- weeding- broke off a piece of the grass weed and ....(drum roll please) ta da! Lemongrass!!! and the other YES! EPAZOTE!!!

Thank you Gaia for providing me with a reminder that all can be well if we work on it!

1 comment:

  1. Always cool to have the plants that we want around the yard. In the seven years we have lived at Nutwood, we are slowly making it ours and natures :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment- it makes me feel important